Maintenance and technical safety of sinotruk oil tank truck
1) In order to keep the oil in the tank clean, the oil tank shall be rinsed regularly and the contaminant at the drain outlet shall be cleaned off. It’s suggested that the user remove the blanking caps of coarse strainer and fine filter and clean the filter screen every time after operation since the tank body is put into operation for the first time. After a certain time of operation, clean the filter element depending on the cleanliness of the oil quality or replace damaged element to prevent from being blocked by greasy dirt or damaging the filter screen. The filter element shall not be taken out during use. Otherwise, the
wear of oil pump will be worse or the oil pump will be damaged.
2) To prevent fire, it’s not allowed to use oil truck when the fireproofing silencer or the flash hider is faulty, there is leakage in the pipeline system or tank body, the ESD chain is faulty or the ground wire is not connected yet. If the ESD chain has been abraded, relieve the plate pinch to extend a certain length of ESD chain so as to ensure that the ESD chain is well grounded.
3) If the settling tank of the tank body is frozen due to ponding, it’s not allowed to unfreeze it by heating it with open fire, instead, drive the truck to a hothouse or unfreeze it by steam heating.
4) Do not knock any part of the oil truck using any metal item, so as to avoid sparks that may cause a fire.
5) During an operation inside the tank, someone shall safeguard outside the tank. The personnel working inside the tank shall wear gas mask or fresh air shall be supplied via a hose into the tank.
6) Upon completion of oil unloading and 5 minutes of oil stabilizing, remeasure the oil volume in the tank, to prevent electrostatic discharge between the oil dipstick and the oil level or oil tank.
7) When oil is being filled via the oil hose at the tank top into the tank, the oil hose shall reach to a position
at least 300 mm above the tank bottom, to prevent electrostatic discharge caused by splashing of oil.
8) Keep the air inlet and air outlet of the breather valve clear. If a pump is used for loading, open the oil filler cover on the top of the cover to prevent shrinkage and deformation of tank body due to large pumping flow.
9) When the refueller is operating, notice whether there is abnormal sound in the oil loading system and pay attention to the readings on the pressure gauge and the vacuum gauge. If oil is not pumped out after the engine has being running at medium speed for 4 minutes, stop operating and check for cause.Resume work after the fault has been eliminated.
10)The driver and passenger on the truck must be familiar with how to use the fire extinguishers and preserve and replace the fire extinguishers at proper times (see Operating Instruction for Fire Extinguisher for details).
11) If the tank body or pipe system has seepage or leakage of oil, no repair welding with electrical or gas welding is allowed until it has been cleaned. The right method: drain the oil completely, fill hot alkaline water in the tank, drive the truck on a bumpy road for 30-50 km, then drain the hot alkaline water and purge the tank interior using steam several times. Remove the cover from the tank body, open all the valves and leave it that way for a while. Drive the truck into a clear area for welding work which should be done in as short time as possible. In case of leakage, the best practice is to drive the truck to us or ask us to assign professionals for repair.
12)To extend the service life of trucks, trucks shall be loaded as required by rated load which shall not exceed the maximum gross mass of the original truck. When the truck is driving on favorable road, it’s acceptable to add some weight, but it can’t exceed the allowed maximum gross mass of the chassis of the original truck (see Operating Instruction for Chassis for details).
13)This product is a vehicle used exclusively for transporting light fuels and shall be used under the following conditions: the road on which it travels shall be at least Grade 4 pavement, the ambient temperature -40 °C to +40 °C and relative air humidity not greater than 95% (in normal temperature of 25 °C).